Author Topic: Bronchitis Cure.  (Read 1590 times)

Alan

Bronchitis Cure.
« on: 12:00:29, 03/05/11 »
Just wondered if any oldies had.  Linseed Liquorish and black treacle or have the recipe.  It was a cure for Bronchitis in the thirties and forties.   I suffered badly as a kid till I had this medication.   Never reappeared,  any ideas.

flyer

Re: Bronchitis Cure.
« Reply #1 on: 13:18:27, 04/05/11 »
Just wondered if any oldies had.  Linseed Liquorish and black treacle or have the recipe.  It was a cure for Bronchitis in the thirties and forties.   I suffered badly as a kid till I had this medication.   Never reappeared,  any ideas.
Goose grease works real well, 50 yrs ago my son had it real bad now that was before all the good drugs of today,i think the fine oil breaks down all the chest mucus only problem is first get a goose and roast him,I sort of think emu oil which you can buy everywere willm do the same thing and not smell so bad

jazzaroo

« Reply #2 on: 23:53:03, 08/05/11 »
thanks for the tips , i have contracted bronchitis during this past winter and its still hanging around despite anti biotics and the like, perhaps it might be a good idea to revert to some of the old remedies, we used to use goose grease when i was a kid but it does pong and is really messy, emu grease sounds interesting although i might try ostrich grease so that I could bury my head in the sand and forget about feeling ill.

Johned

« Reply #3 on: 19:32:03, 10/05/11 »
Very interesting Jazaroo; it reminded me when I was idling behind my drawing board at work one day when the Jig & Tool Manager was sounding off rather loudly about when he was a boy, the thing to do for all working class kids was to don a vest, the inside of which, was liberally smeared with "Frummett" dripping at the start of the winter and not take it off again until May.  Not catching on it was a wind-up for my benefit I enquired how you got the vest off again; the straight faced answer was to get a sharp knife under the vest bottom and gently ease away with it until the vest lifted off!  I was further told you would never catch cold but advised to keep away from other folk as by May your hygiene could be a little suspect to say the least. :laugh: 

jazzaroo

« Reply #4 on: 22:22:04, 10/05/11 »
what a delightful picture you paint johned, ugh! thats almost as bad as checking your underpants by throwing them against the wall,when they stick its time to change them, so I've been told, sounds like a good way to remove wallpaper though.

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.