Author Topic: The Bell Hotel Leicester  (Read 16756 times)

TINAHARRISON

Re: The Bell Hotel Leicester
« Reply #60 on: 23:10:19, 06/04/14 »
Hi guys..still searching for info on the Bell Hotel...please keep asking around!needing to gather as much as i can..for the book i am writing!thanks

corrientes

« Reply #61 on: 19:36:39, 03/12/16 »
Just happened to see this forum. My uncle was the manager there in the 1950's when I was very young. I can remember being given the run of the hotel when holiday there going everywhere I shouldn't have, including the kitchen where they made me lovely cakes. My uncle produced a wonderful blue decorated cake to celebrate Leicester winning either a cup or league championship.There was a market nearby which I used to love visiting. Wonderful memories.i think it was taken over by Trust House Forte.

THarrison

« Reply #62 on: 14:44:13, 01/01/17 »
Hi
that's a lovely memory!  Can I ask for your uncles name? I have been searching for my birth father who worked there however sadly I have not been successful although I am hopeful that it may happen one day.
Anyone who has memories...pics with regard to the bell hotel or Steve kellyetc I would love to hear from you.
[email protected]
May 2017 bring happy times  :)

David T

« Reply #63 on: 21:44:17, 04/11/17 »
Anyone who has information of the Bell Hotel Leicester or worked there during the 1960's I would love to hear from you ansd if you have any pics/photos even better!
I worked at the Bell in the 60s when I was at catering college. I worked doing banquets. The Maigret d'Hotel was a Mr Glass. We got paid 12/6p per night but after the meal finished we were allowed to become wine waiters until midnight, we didn't get paid but we made fantastic tips and some of the older boys and girls ripped off the toffs by charging for drinks they didn't have. I was only 17 and after work there were no trains or buses so I hitch hiked home to Sileby.

Tina Harrison

« Reply #64 on: 00:30:03, 11/11/17 »
Hi David
Many thanks for that i am interested in gaining some more information. I am searching for a Steve Kelly who may also have worked as a trainee chef...he lived at the back of the Bell...played the guitar. If you recall someone of that name...or have any pics or if you can think of any other names of those who worked there it would be greatly appreciated.
Tina

Tina Harrison

« Reply #65 on: 07:53:49, 13/11/17 »
I worked at the Bell in the 60s when I was at catering college. I worked doing banquets. The Maigret d'Hotel was a Mr Glass. We got paid 12/6p per night but after the meal finished we were allowed to become wine waiters until midnight, we didn't get paid but we made fantastic tips and some of the older boys and girls ripped off the toffs by charging for drinks they didn't have. I was only 17 and after work there were no trains or buses so I hitch hiked home to Sileby.

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.