Author Topic: The Bell Hotel Leicester  (Read 13759 times)

TINAHARRISON

Re: The Bell Hotel Leicester
« Reply #60 on: 23:10:19, 06/04/14 »
Hi guys..still searching for info on the Bell Hotel...please keep asking around!needing to gather as much as i can..for the book i am writing!thanks

corrientes

« Reply #61 on: 19:36:39, 03/12/16 »
Just happened to see this forum. My uncle was the manager there in the 1950's when I was very young. I can remember being given the run of the hotel when holiday there going everywhere I shouldn't have, including the kitchen where they made me lovely cakes. My uncle produced a wonderful blue decorated cake to celebrate Leicester winning either a cup or league championship.There was a market nearby which I used to love visiting. Wonderful memories.i think it was taken over by Trust House Forte.

THarrison

« Reply #62 on: 14:44:13, 01/01/17 »
Hi
that's a lovely memory!  Can I ask for your uncles name? I have been searching for my birth father who worked there however sadly I have not been successful although I am hopeful that it may happen one day.
Anyone who has memories...pics with regard to the bell hotel or Steve kellyetc I would love to hear from you.
[email protected]
May 2017 bring happy times  :)

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.