Author Topic: War over Braunstone  (Read 12219 times)

Alan

Re: War over Braunstone
« Reply #30 on: 14:26:13, 05/04/11 »
There are three inline tunnels with cross over tunnels at each end if I remember right.  They run down the edge of the spinney on the pond side facing Cort Crescent  Island.  The Council filled in where the collapse was  the ventilation fans are still in place hand operated at the time.  Council must have plans in their archives.   If I remember rightly they are made of Concrete panels.   8)   Then where did all the arms go the yanks left as a museum????????

Alan

« Reply #31 on: 14:21:51, 29/04/11 »
 8) In the Mercury to night.

Clive Cartwright

« Reply #32 on: 17:28:42, 29/04/11 »
Oh, I wish I could get a copy - I live in Derbyshire. Nobody with a scanner to hand is there?  :-\

lee clarke

« Reply #33 on: 00:31:39, 30/04/11 »
The newspaper article is posted on the braunstone hall website: http://braunstonehall.net/?p=146  :)

Clive Cartwright

« Reply #34 on: 09:12:21, 30/04/11 »
That's brilliant - Thanks! :)
The flickr slide show of the underground network is amazing. I hope they preserve this. It's an excellent added feature to the Hall.

Alan

« Reply #35 on: 13:11:25, 30/04/11 »
Being a local we value Braunstone Hall.  But knowing the true facts that the three Stooge’s or local councillors who promise to Save the hall and are working hard to save it are the same three BCA directors who stopped its renovation at a cost then of £3 million.  They vetoed any attempts to save it.  In the last ten years the hall as suffered badly at the hands of the Council.  The shelters would be of some interest in memory of the America Airborne.  Now reading the Labour party leaflet it says one councillor helped write the bid for the £50 million NDC funding, a complete and utter lie.
The Hall should have been the centre piece  of our estate, you can thank these three councillors it now lays in ruin. 8)

Alan

« Reply #36 on: 13:12:50, 30/04/11 »
Being a local we value Braunstone Hall.  But knowing the true facts that the three Stooge’s or local councillors who promise to Save the hall and are working hard to save it are the same three BCA directors who stopped its renovation at a cost then of £3 million.  They vetoed any attempts to save it.  In the last ten years the hall as suffered badly at the hands of the Council.  The shelters would be of some interest in memory of the America Airborne.  Now reading the Labour party leaflet it says one councillor helped write the bid for the £50 million NDC funding, a complete and utter lie.
The Hall should have been the centre piece  of our estate, you can thank these three councillors it now lays in ruin. 8)