Author Topic: Jack & Beryl Gibson (Nee Mitchell)  (Read 878 times)

tom_86uk

Jack & Beryl Gibson (Nee Mitchell)
« on: 23:29:01, 28/11/11 »
I am trying to find further information regarding my Grandfather Jack Gibson. I have completed research on ancestry.com and have found some information regarding his birth, death and marriage etc but cannot find any further information. He was born on 23rd September 1911 in Leicester and married my Grandmother Violet Burrows in 1933, they divorced some time later.  My dad (Roy) was born to Jack and Violet in 1939 and has no real recollection of his father. It would appear that Jack remarried in March 1955 to Beryl Mitchell (Born 27.01.1929). I have also found records relating to the deaths of both Jack (26.01.1979) and Beryl (October 1993). Jacks' Death certificate shows that they lived at 40 The Foundway in Leicester at the time of his death but I am not aware as to whether they had any children, who would be my Dad's Half brother(s) or sister(s). I would be grateful if anyone with any information relating to our family tree would get in touch. We may have family we don't even know about! Thankyou. 

stumack

Re: Jack & Beryl Gibson (Nee Mitchell)
« Reply #1 on: 07:44:33, 31/01/12 »
I responded to your father Roy via another forum earlier today. I am almost certain that Jack did not have any children with Beryl. I was surprised that he had a son with his first wife, your grandmother.  It appears as though I am your father's cousin as my mother was Jack's sister.  I will be delighted to share other information on Jack's parents, and siblings with your father! 

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.