Author Topic: differance  (Read 1458 times)

flyer

differance
« on: 13:27:04, 06/02/12 »
strange the differance between Sheffield forum(where i was born) and this one, sheffield forum is full of mindless chatter and Leicester Forum for the most part have to drag a response with hot coal Irons, sort of think i prefer this ome

bowbridge99

Re: differance
« Reply #1 on: 20:39:13, 03/03/13 »
I was born in Sheffield too..Not far from where you were .just across the road actually but by then you were long gone

flyer

« Reply #2 on: 12:21:03, 08/03/13 »
yep was traveling man,but now siting by lake Erie (in Canada) dont think going to move to far

bowbridge99

« Reply #3 on: 15:38:46, 08/03/13 »
Don,t know if you saw that fil the full monty but...that scene where the kid is coming out of school to meet his mother was filmed at the bottom gate of the school on burton street...your old school  and mine too

flyer

« Reply #4 on: 20:15:23, 08/03/13 »
yes saw it and remember it well,only was there 6 months after spending 5/6 yrs in Fullwood homes it was a bit of a horror school  i was not quite ready for the outside but Laura Burgoyne helped me adjust

bowbridge99

« Reply #5 on: 22:38:46, 08/03/13 »
I think all schools were in those days though. Kids werent allowed to think for themsselves and teachers were to be seen as tin gods..Lost count of the times I got the cane for answering back when all I was doing was defending myself.. Fulwood was bad too,in fact worse. To think all those kids were sent there frightened and confused and no family to confide in ,and be kicked about by carers doesnt bear thinking about. Thank god it rarely happens these days.

Countryside is nice up there though and not so far from hathersage and castleton.. was up there last week walking the fells across mam tor to kinder scout

flyer

« Reply #6 on: 09:04:38, 09/03/13 »
yes great country side some 13yrs later on took my wife on a scooter trip (and a romp in the heather)

bowbridge99

« Reply #7 on: 18:42:42, 09/03/13 »
Surely not on the central grass area in the middle of fulwood cottage homes.....Strange you know  but bad as those times  were I don't ever remember a rainy day in there ... My main memories are of those awful boots and striped  ties..and that cornfield on blackbrook road where the gliders used to take off from...I was up at stanage edge at bit back talking to some paragliders ...I asked how they got their training and it seems they don't ,well there is theory training but certainly not for flight because two people can,t' fit on the aircraft...Love to try it though..its just that I,m a bit scared of breaking my neck

flyer

« Reply #8 on: 19:07:38, 20/05/13 »
No didn't visit The homes on my scooter trip not quite ready for it ,and now some 65 plus yrs later still not up to it

THarrison

« Reply #9 on: 15:15:52, 01/01/17 »
Happy new year!

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.