Author Topic: Wartime recipes local to Northwest Leicestershire  (Read 1044 times)

Zena Aherne

My Name is Zena Aherne and I work for Mantle Arts in Coalville. We are conducting a Heritage Lottery Project in Newton Burgoland and surrounding villages. The local school children are busy growing a Victorian/wartime garden. We would like to produce a recipe book based on some of the veggies that the children are growing and what would have been available in WW2. Does anyone have any recipes? especially if they are local to the area. You can email me or call me 01530830811

flyer

Re: Wartime recipes local to Northwest Leicestershire
« Reply #1 on: 12:46:37, 28/03/12 »
no recipes if it stayed long in one place  or had eyes you cook it and eat it

flyer

« Reply #2 on: 12:57:19, 28/03/12 »
no recipes if it stayed long in one place  or had eyes you cook it and eat it
  now reading your 2nd post in fact cooking in war time was very simple about the only thing you could cook up was 100 ways to have potato's. like stew them all up for veggie stew pot's carrot's onion and just about anything else that came up

flyer

« Reply #3 on: 12:23:52, 04/04/12 »
just found an old recipe for Cornish Pastie's so out for a bottle of "Bitter"s and think i'll give them a try

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.