Author Topic: Places to eat  (Read 1799 times)

castleofillusion

Places to eat
« on: 00:27:48, 09/04/12 »
Hello all  :)

Seems like a friendly community here so thought I would ask for a little advice...

I am a distance student at Leicester Uni and commute every so often to attend lectures and was wondering if anyone could recommend some good restaurants I could go to for dinner? I am always willing to try different food. My only no-go area is dairy (so no predominantly Italian/pizza/pasta based establishments sadly). Ideally I'd like places that are not too far from the train station, not too expensive/busy (though the business thing can't be predicted/helped I suppose) and offers a varied choice of food. Doesn't matter whether it's chain or independent really.

Thank you in advance!

Huzzy

Re: Places to eat
« Reply #1 on: 21:01:16, 21/04/12 »
I tend to eat at 'Food Corner' on Green Lane Road

Kristaltipps

« Reply #2 on: 23:08:31, 21/08/12 »
"More" on the London Road is nice.

Sunny

« Reply #3 on: 10:48:57, 09/10/12 »
Hello! So 'More' or the 'Food Corner' would be nice spots? Do you think it would be able to rent on of these restaurants for an event? I will be in Leicester for a special occasion  ;) and I am searching for a right place... something good and special... would be great if you could help me out  :-\

librarian

« Reply #4 on: 20:42:48, 19/10/12 »
I heard from friends that "Bella Pasta" near the haymarket is good.

flyer

« Reply #5 on: 02:10:26, 29/10/12 »
when i left Leicester (1965)there was maybe 5 place's to eat tops, steak house highfield st was the best with hotdog stand Humberstone gate being the very worst, how times have changed with high class eatery's all over the place and from what i hear some great food ,but i'm wondering have you started puting ice water on the table when you sit down ,I ran a greasy spoon in Nottingham for a few yrs and you got what i cooked that day ,meat big pile of spuds and throw a loaf of bread on the table and dont dare ask for butter that was for soft London's I still blush when i think of it

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.