Author Topic: Welcome to Leicester Forum - Please read.  (Read 19711 times)

Chris

• Administrator
Welcome to Leicester Forum - Please read.
« on: 14:56:00, 06/03/06 »
Hello and welcome to Leicester Forum. Feel free to discuss any issues relating to this great city (and it's suburbs) in these boards. Remember to bookmark this site and come back often to help make this a lively community and great resource for all.

To post messages please register by clicking the button at the top. It just takes a few seconds, and you can post immediately - there's no waiting for confirmation emails to arrive.

Feel free to introduce yourself by replying to this post.

Registered users can receive an email when someone posts a new topic. Just hit the 'notify' button on each board you are interested in.

Please post any adverts in the following boards only:
Classifieds - general local ads.
Attractions & Events - to promote a local event or gig etc.
Links - your Leicester related website.
Only ads relevent to Leicester are allowed. Anything else will probably be deleted.

And just to remind you of the rules:
No flaming,  no abuse, no swearing,  no lying,  no adult content,  no spamming. The administrators reserve the right to delete or edit any messages they regard as inappropriate.

Chris.

ThePoleDancer

Re: Welcome to Leicester Forum - Please read.
« Reply #1 on: 22:35:32, 13/08/06 »
Hi Chris

Thanks for creating this forum.   :D

It's great to have somewhere to talk about local issues.  Obviously, I may be able to promote my Leicester business in some way also.  Don't worry, I will stick to the rules.   ;D
Linda Carter is my hero...

Rodders

« Reply #2 on: 01:46:20, 14/12/06 »
HI.
I didn't know this forum existed until I googled Leicester.
Nice to know there's a forum dedicated to one's home town.
A bit about myself:
Leicester born n bred
60 yrs young.
Living on the Saff
11 Kids ( I got a telly now  ;D )
12 Grand-kids
Cash n carry foreman
Diabetic (type 2)
Car: Ford Granada / Scorpio 4x4
Interests: tinternet...films...60's...70's...80's music
A "Chissit" person

clem13

« Reply #3 on: 15:31:52, 14/02/07 »
hey. i just joined. i wanted another forum to join. and not a huge one, a small but (hopefully) growing one.

anyway, i live here in leicester, but i wasnt born here. was born in salisbury or somewhere, idk. i almost live onthe internet these days. the most prominent forum i am a member of is www.ipodwizard.net (1,200 posts and growing).

im a great fan of power metal. and i lurve anime. my favourite at the moment being Saiyuki, but my favourite all time being Neon Genesis Evangelion

erm, i'm not sure what else to post...

but im still at school. im not 60 yeas old

oh, and what are the signature limits here? because if they are more than what im used to, i wil make a larger sig.

janet42

« Reply #4 on: 00:21:25, 26/05/07 »
hi my name is jan ,i am trying to find a guy called jamie i know very little about him except he,s 27 a PE teacher in a secondary school and from leicestershire he has just returned from a stag party in salou i would like to get in touch with him can anyone help thanks.

silverfox

« Reply #5 on: 20:08:46, 09/12/07 »
hello my name is mick. very   new to this, not using pc, just thes site. i have lived in leics. most of my life i am 54 a little bored at the moment. need to get out more i think, any suggestions.

BigHaze

« Reply #6 on: 18:30:46, 02/02/08 »
Hello.  My name is Hazel, I am 34 years old, live in Cornwall and do admin work in offices through an agency.

My Leicester connection is through my father, who was born there in 1940.  He, his parents, older brother and older sister lived at 31 Northfold Road, Knighton and his mother was still living there at her death in 1981. 

I often went in the late 1970s to the large department store (can't remember name) in the centre of Leicester to see Santa in his grotto with my older brother, but we moved down to Cornwall in 1984 and I haven't been back since - has it changed much?

My hobbies include researching my family tree, reading, listening to music and doing craft work.

silverfox

hi hazel.
« Reply #7 on: 06:59:12, 03/02/08 »
hi hazel thanks for reply to my message, live in cornwall ...lucky you. the store you mentioned would have been lewis's long gone now apart from the lewis's tower which they kept when they redeveloped the area. where abouts in connwall do you live? if you fancy chatting you can contact me via email or on msn at.   [email protected]   maybe caht soon.   Mick

funiman

« Reply #8 on: 13:39:47, 04/09/08 »
hi chris, chris here well this is going to get complicated, 2 chris's lol, well thanks for the message, and hope to post something soon.

chris.

DtM

« Reply #9 on: 14:08:40, 01/10/08 »
 :)

If all else fails, smile!
:coolsmiley:

funiman

« Reply #10 on: 14:31:10, 01/10/08 »
can i ask who you are please ?

DtM

« Reply #11 on: 14:33:28, 01/10/08 »
can i ask who you are please ?

Me, myself or I?  :-\

DtM

« Reply #12 on: 15:31:06, 03/10/08 »
Hopefully some one else will come along and add a few comments as the front page looks like I'm the only one posting!

Your a shy lot!  ;)

nellie 1

« Reply #13 on: 00:02:14, 06/12/08 »
Hi Chris
I have just found your forum and would like to say hello.
I was born in Leicester but mum and dad moved to Liverpool when I was 6 months old I still have family in Leicester and last visited in 1985 and hope to visit again before I kick the bucket lol.
Well thats me so Hello and hope to post soon.
Paul

Circa

« Reply #14 on: 11:43:31, 24/12/08 »
Hello! I first thought of checking to see if there is a Leicester Forum - after discovering the Sheffield Forum - which is great - http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/index.php

Glad to find there is one - even if it doesn't seem so popular. Perhaps we don't have such an on-line community here?

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.