Author Topic: Welcome to Leicester Forum - Please read.  (Read 21340 times)

Lu

Re: Welcome to Leicester Forum - Please read.
« Reply #15 on: 22:15:24, 07/01/09 »
Hi there

I too googled to find the Leicester Forum as my Sheffield friends spoke so frequently about their own version.  Glad to see there is one up and running - thanks for sorting that out.

Looking forward to visiting and learning more about our lovely town!

Lu

imamartian

« Reply #16 on: 22:49:49, 07/02/09 »
That is so F*&%$ing weird......... i was born in Leicester but moved to Chesterfield 12 years ago, and last week found the Sheff forum.... and i thought "i wonder if there is a Leicester one......?"  hence me being here..... and what do i find, but people actaully doing exactly the same thing !!!!  SPOOKY !!!!!!

I'm sure i'm the star of a real Truman Show !!!!!

PS... nice to meet you all! :o)

spartan6567

« Reply #17 on: 12:17:22, 26/04/09 »
Well my name is Chris and i have lived in Leicester all my life. Its a wonderful city full of different minorities and so far we all get on.

What i want to know is how come as a nation we continue to stand by and get dictated to by the government and now FIRST BUS who have put their bus fares up again and why because old people i.e. pensioners get subsidised travel. Everyone who catches the bus should therefore boycott the buses for at least a week and try another form of transport. This would send out a clear message that we are not going to stand idly by and be dictated in this way. It is again the governments fault. We have less wages and yet rail fares up bus fares up - ridiculous.

Any like minded individuals please get in touch.

Bill_Murray

« Reply #18 on: 18:52:09, 26/06/09 »
Hello everyone,

I am from Nuneaton...shut up, don't laugh!!! lol I'm NOT inbred.

What is my connection to Leicester you ask? I used to go and see gigs at The Charlotte quite regularly...and to The Shed to watch local bands. I did work experience for a month with 69 Magazine, when they had an office just off the city centre. Err...I also sometimes find myself in the city shopping. Not really rivetting stuff, but thats why I'm here.

P.S. Is The Charlotte still closed?
Andy Parker
Electric Banana
http://www.electric-banana.co.uk/

DtM

« Reply #19 on: 13:28:55, 12/01/10 »
Hello everyone,

I am from Nuneaton...shut up, don't laugh!!! lol I'm NOT inbred.

What is my connection to Leicester you ask? I used to go and see gigs at The Charlotte quite regularly...and to The Shed to watch local bands. I did work experience for a month with 69 Magazine, when they had an office just off the city centre. Err...I also sometimes find myself in the city shopping. Not really rivetting stuff, but thats why I'm here.

P.S. Is The Charlotte still closed?

:2funny:   :2funny:   :2funny:

;)

Sorry! I couldn't stop myself... *Hangs head is shame*
:coolsmiley:

flyer

« Reply #20 on: 18:48:50, 18/04/10 »
feel Chris should study Sheffield forum and why it is so succesful maybe somethings can be copy in a effort to liven up Leicester Forum .Iwas born in Sheffield moved to Leicester in early 1946,while i can get a response on S,F in a matter of hrs most of my L.F post get no response at all

Fluffmeister

« Reply #21 on: 12:06:51, 22/06/10 »
I'm new to the forum too - my name's Chris (yup, there are lots of Chrisses about!) and I currently live in Bristol but I'm moving up to Leicester next year as that's where my partner lives, and my job is more mobile than his. We've been going out for a while, so I've been coming up to Leicester for a couple of years, so I almost know my way round - but thought I'd sign up to find out a bit more about the city :)

I'm interested in walking, cycling (gentle road biking, not the serious stuff), travelling, I'm a bit of a foodie, and I work in computing running a small consultancy that does work for the NHS. I'm 50, left/liberal leaning politically but not active, and looking forward to joining in here!

Roosterbooster_1

« Reply #22 on: 16:04:18, 29/06/10 »
Hello everyone, yet another newbie here, the name is Mac, a retired antique originally born in Castle Donington in 1949 when Rutland as a Shire existed.
Currently residing with my partner of twenty four years, on the edge of the National Forest in the heart of South Derbyshire.
I am looking forward to contributing and taking part in various aspects of this relaxed and friendly forum.
Interests: My family, Good food, Photography, Football ( M.U.F.C. ) Im afraid, Motorcycle racing (G.P.) mainly, Genealogy,  Interesting TV documentaries and basic computing.
Living as normal a life as this Government will allow me to do.
LEARN from yesterday, LIVE for today, and HOPE for tomorrow.

funiman

« Reply #23 on: 20:19:43, 20/09/10 »
well thank you all fpr joining sorry i havent been on for a long time, would be nice to spread the word and get more people interested and start a real community, well hope to chat again soon, chris.

Roosterbooster_1

« Reply #24 on: 18:06:58, 21/09/10 »
I was beginning to wonder whether anyone still used this forum  :o  not been about myself much due to frequent visits/admissions into Hospital, unfortunately got to return again tomorrow to see my surgeon, keeping fingers crossed  :(  for a happy outcome, it'll be interesting to see how long it will be before I get a reply this time. regards and best wishes.
RB_1 O0 :2funny:   

welfordray

« Reply #25 on: 15:33:40, 30/11/10 »
hello im new here. i was wondering if theres anyone done any research about the leicestershire regiment in ww1

Roosterbooster_1

« Reply #26 on: 16:03:09, 30/11/10 »
Hi Welford Ray, I'm not sure matey personally, I know that Leicestershire C.C. have been working with a nice chap who is carrying on with the work that his father started prior to his death, he has written and published a number of books.

This is what I have just found, hope it helps with any questions you may have.

http://www.leics.gov.uk/pressrelease.htm?id=205997

regards.
Bb_1 O0

shirley

« Reply #27 on: 00:45:43, 08/02/11 »
Hi everyone.  Have just found this forum. I was born and bred Leicester and think this forum should be interested.  Hope to post later

jazzaroo

« Reply #28 on: 00:03:39, 09/05/11 »
HI as a leicester exile i find this forum really interesting and informative and have become a regular contibutor to the threads, 71 years old, born and bred on the saff, brother of shirley who is also an active contributor, my interests are mainly with Leicester from 1940 -1970 circa, been away along time but my roots will always be here.

librarian

« Reply #29 on: 17:39:40, 01/10/12 »
Hi, I am a student and am thinking about joining courses at Leicester. My special interests lay in the field of medieval architecture and church interior. Would be nice to meet fellow minds.
All the best  :)

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester. Already a member? Login here.