Author Topic: what...my dad isnt my dad  (Read 2071 times)

TINAHARRISON

what...my dad isnt my dad
« on: 22:33:16, 13/12/12 »
Found out this yr that my dad adopted me when i was3! I always knew that i was different..so it wasnt realy a shock. I had my adoption records stating who my dad is..however he is not on my birt cert..how do you find someone when you only have a name?there is evidence that he was a chef..door person at the bell hotel..but that has long gone..he left before i was born so he doesnt even know my name..aparently he was not a local lad so  my searches have been of no use.
There does not appear to be support for children who are searching for a pteti ater or fathers that may have left an expectant partner and never returned. I have the hope that the man tat created me steps up and looks for me so i can look into the mirror and truley see the person i am.
Would love to hear your comments

flyer

Re: what...my dad isnt my dad
« Reply #1 on: 01:29:46, 16/02/13 »
I know it can be very hard to trace roots but look on the bright side if you was brought with love thats your dad, so many times just best to leave well alone I know some of my family i'd just as soon not know (but not all LOL)

TINAHARRISON

« Reply #2 on: 00:34:53, 17/02/13 »
thanks flyer..it is so true.
i do however think we hold natural curiosity with regards to who we are...our looks...likes...personality??? i think its the not knowing....its the dissopointment that there were people who could have used their authority at the time to  my  father...and didnt. i am in a job where i see tories like this daily...there are millions of adults ....my question is do you think the dads out there think the life that they created??with all the programs of searching for family and the freedom to acsess records...maybe there are many who re shaking in their boots haha...the fact of the matter is..it would be easier for him to trace me.....but he hasnt...this of course speaks volume! thanks for your kind words...

flyer

« Reply #3 on: 16:30:25, 17/02/13 »
Now my father I always knew where he was, the breakup was 100% my mother to blame but I'm one to never judge, some 70 yrs later (i'm 79)tried to find dads roots now finding a Clarke in Sheffield with a million Clarke's living in the ares

TINAHARRISON

« Reply #4 on: 22:39:29, 19/02/13 »
some times we wish for things that may never come true...but there is hope...there are also miracles!haha ;D

bowbridge99

« Reply #5 on: 00:19:21, 28/02/13 »
I can understand why you want to see him.Most of us l have a natural curiousity about who we are. No doubt you have spent many hours wondering and wanting questions answered.

I hope that eventually you do get to meet him,that everything works out well and that this fills the gaps . Having said that I hope you dont have my experience in tracing some family members then wishing i hadn't.

TINAHARRISON

« Reply #6 on: 21:53:13, 28/02/13 »
thankyou for that....i am not really looking for a dad as i have already got one who evidently been there since birth its just as you say....ones identity that s important. most people perhaps do not think who are...what makes them...it's the nature nurture thing. :-\
with all of the media coverage of children finding absent parents i do wonder if maybe  paternal father has  thought about his past and unborn child??it raises questions such as...did he ever share this information?did he go on to have a family?if he did......did he hold them in his arms and perhaps wonder???has he tried to trace me?
these things can lead to complications and I am more than aware of that...i would like to let him see how Well i have turned out!all credit to my mum of course O0

in the  mean time...it's a great hobby :D :D :D

bowbridge99

« Reply #7 on: 21:02:48, 03/03/13 »
Its the same reasoning that made me trace my family tree. I wanted to knew where my roots were. I got the surprise of my life to find out where they all came from.. Leicester ,Derby,Southwell, Maldon, Chesterfield

flyer

« Reply #8 on: 14:50:48, 04/03/13 »
Bow i'm NOT your father :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

bowbridge99

« Reply #9 on: 19:26:38, 04/03/13 »
Lol..Lucky for you..Nobody would want a son like me

TINAHARRISON

« Reply #10 on: 21:41:05, 04/03/13 »
one thing for sure...us orphans have a great sense of r!!! :2funny: ;D :2funny: :D

bowbridge99

« Reply #11 on: 22:37:16, 04/03/13 »
Excuse my ignorance but   Whats a r ! ! !  ?

TINAHARRISON

« Reply #12 on: 22:05:14, 06/03/13 »
there were some letters missing...it was meant to say humour  :2funny:

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.