Author Topic: ive never been to leicester.wonder if anyone can help  (Read 785 times)

bowbridge99

Tracing my ancestors who came from loughborough and leicester..wonder if anyone can give me any info on the gladwell family who lived at curzon terrace braunstone gate which i think was a tenement block at the side of the arches where bowbridge was..also a lady called ann woodford born loughborough 1842 died in leicester 1926.also the taylor family who lived at russell street,humberstone road and jarrom street all the family worked in the clothing industry mainly framework knitters. thank
you for reading

flyer

Re: ive never been to leicester.wonder if anyone can help
« Reply #1 on: 19:11:16, 16/02/13 »
what yr did the Tailors work flatframe my wife same but in 53ish

bowbridge99

« Reply #2 on: 19:30:21, 24/02/13 »
Sorry I should have put some more dates on

It was a bit earlier than 53..It was about 1901..Many of my leicester family are probably still there.My grandparents were the only one who left.My great aunt married into a family called warden,unusual name i think so any there might be a relative

bowbridge99

« Reply #3 on: 19:49:30, 24/02/13 »
My grandfather had four brothers and four sisters ,the brothers would have continued  the taylor name .Therefore any taylors working on the frame knitter with your wife in 53 would have very likely been related to mine

Although i,ve never set foot in leicester I feel I know it well.Done much research about the city and know much of what it looks like through google earth and street view..I reckon I could find my way round there without a street guide ,especially the trip from jarrom street to braunstone gate

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.