Author Topic: South of France - couple needed (handyman/au pair)  (Read 2181 times)

Jemima

We are a couple in our 30s living in a beautiful old farmhouse in the South of France who need help with our gite business and looking after our 14 month old boy/girl twins. There is plenty work for 2 people and we are looking for a couple as accommodation is in a small 1 bedroom house. We would consider all ages but we need people who are reasonably fit and outdoorsy and ideally non-smoking. French is not required but to get the most out of your free time an interest in learning would be useful!
Work:
We need flexible people as tasks are diverse and will vary from week to week. They will include:
- caretaking
- gardening and possibly animal care
- general maintenance
- DIY projects eg. painting, plastering, fencing, repairs
- childminding
- guest changeovers
- housework
Our 17th century farmhouse is located in the middle of the Haut Languedoc National Park, in 10 hectares of woodland on a South facing hillside surrounded by stunning landscape. We have our own pool and there is plenty of opporunity for outdoor activities in the area (sailing, hiking, riding etc). We are fairly isolated - the nearest shops are a 15 minute drive away in St.Pons de Thomieres so your own transport is essential).
The nearest airport is an hour away in Beziers (Ryanair fly there from Manchester, Luton and Bristol). Carcassonne and Toulouse airports are 2 hours away.
Accommodation:
The little house is newly renovated and separate from the main house. It has a small living room, kitchen (with bread oven!) and bathroom split across 3 levels. The bed is on a low
level mezzanine. You would have internet via a wifi dongle of 3GB a month and use of the swimming pool during Summer.
This is a unique and long-term opportunity for the right people so references and experience are essential. If interested please email your CVs and covering email including salary expectations for a 40 hour week.

Jemima

Re: South of France - au pair needed
« Reply #1 on: 09:19:40, 08/05/13 »
Hello,
We no longer need a handyman but if anyone knows of someone who would like to look after our twins during weekdays and live in their own newly renovated detached gite please let me know.
thanks, Jemima

Iveta

Re: South of France - couple needed (handyman/au pair)
« Reply #2 on: 19:03:26, 03/07/14 »
Good afternoon. My name is Iveta and I live in the UK. I am from the Czech Republic and I have a two young daughters age of 13 and 14. I would like to get the job for you if you still need to.  If yes I can arrive Sunday.  But please it's possible to take my daughters with me?  My husband is a driver for the lorry but he is a handy man as well. Please I would like working for you. Please can you send me the email what is your decision.  Please let me know soon as possible.  Thank you very much for your help.  Iveta.

Jemima

« Reply #3 on: 09:08:47, 04/07/14 »
We are now looking for an au pair to help us just for the Summer holidays but we can't accommodate your family, sorry.

Iveta

« Reply #4 on: 15:50:42, 05/07/14 »
We are now looking for an au pair to help us just for the Summer holidays but we can't accommodate your family, sorry.

Thank you for your reply. I interesting for this job. Please can I just take my two daughters with me. My daughters will be sheering the bed. My husband sating in the UK. Please if you interesting send me the date when I can arrive. and address. I like to help you with your kids together with my daughters. I like cooking but I prepare Czech meals. Please send me email if you agree.

Iveta

« Reply #5 on: 14:51:37, 07/07/14 »
Thank you for your reply. I interesting for this job. Please can I just take my two daughters with me. My daughters will be sharing one bed. My husband will be stay in the Uk. Please if you interesting send me the date when I can arrive. I like to help you with your kids. I like cooking but I cook Czech food only. Please send me an email if you agree. Thank you Iveta.

Iveta

« Reply #6 on: 17:40:31, 16/07/14 »
Thank you for your reply. I interesting for this job. Please can I just take my two daughters with me. My daughters will be sharing one bed. My husband will be stay in the Uk. Please if you interesting send me the date when I can arrive. I like to help you with your kids. I like cooking but I cook Czech food only. Please send me an email if you agree. Thank you Iveta.

Ali2311

« Reply #7 on: 12:09:37, 05/10/14 »
Hello

My husband and I came across your advert from last year and we were wondering on the off chance if you were seeking to recruit 2014/2015

We are both experienced house managers with a lot of knowledge and experience behind is, we have a can do attitude and happy to get our hands dirty, we don't have children but have experience in looking after them and spending time helping them learn new things

Our assignment here in port grimaud, Var region finishes on the 5th november, however we are very flexible with dates etc

Would you like me to email to you our up to date CV?

Thank you

Regards

Ali Welsh

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.