Author Topic: O'Jays  (Read 2378 times)

moworm

O'Jays
« on: 16:07:53, 09/05/07 »
I guess not many people are going to see this seeing as the last post in here was about February, but here goes anyway.
Anyone remember an old live band venue at the bottom of Belgrave Gate, called O'Jays. Was a great little place and was only in existance for a couple of years round about 1989, 1990 if I remember rightly.
Am tryin to remember the name of a band that used to play there quite a lot. They all had mop-top floppy haircuts and flowery shirts, as did I and my pals at the time. They also used to play a lot of jingly jangly guitar based pop (ala Sarah Records style) and were also known for lengthy Velvet Underground cover versions.

Clive Cartwright

Re: O'Jays
« Reply #1 on: 13:18:25, 16/11/10 »
Umm... that doesn't narrow it down very much, mo'. I trust you were meaning a local act...?

I remember seeing the Sea Urchins play there, and they would fit the bill... without the UV covers. At a guess... Marmite Sisters or something?

It was a great pub, though. I loved the open fire and all those U2 records lobbed on that net attached to the ceiling.

Clive Cartwright

Re: O'Jays
« Reply #2 on: 08:52:50, 11/05/12 »
The Ammonites, Blab Happy, HBM, or Relevant Elephant...?
A stab in the dark!

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.