Author Topic: Gateway girls grammar school searching for old class mates  (Read 1115 times)

reita

I attended Gateway girls school in Leicester in the 1950s any other old girls out there?

Hillywoods

Hi down know if you are still out there I attended Gateway Girls 1953 -1957 name then was Hilary Jackson

Gillian Mary Clarke

I was at the Gateway Girls' from 1952-54. I went to Ellis Avenue first then I passed an exam to move up to the Gateway. My name was Gillian Milner known as Gill, I remember the building on Wigston Lane as being a cream prefabricated building with a lovely sunken garden to the left hand side. I can remember some of the teachers as Miss Thomas Head. Miss Evans Geography, Mrs Devine PE and I think the Arts & Craft teacher was miss Roberts  (Bobbo). I was there when sweets came off ration and we all rushed down to the little sweet shop to buy our first sweeties without coupons! I moved away from Leicester in 1961 to go down South and have moved around since but have ended up in Hampshire.

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.