Author Topic: Fleckney - anyone live there it know the area?  (Read 2002 times)

Dodobs1

Fleckney - anyone live there it know the area?
« on: 12:52:30, 02/04/13 »
Anyone on here live or know the area of fleckney?

I currently live in the north of leicester but my boyfriend as recently got a job working in Northampton so were looking to move further south of the city so he can be closer to work but also somewhere where I won't be far from work either. Fleckney would seem ideal but I know nothing about the area.

Anyone give me any advice about the fleckney area? What the schools are like, crime rate, all those kind of things

Thanks

savannahskye

Re: Fleckney - anyone live there it know the area?
« Reply #1 on: 12:45:20, 16/08/13 »
hi know this is a bit of a late reply but we live in fleckney and its lovely,really friendly surrounded by open countryside a village with enough amenities but easy to get to places as well, my kids go to the primary school and its a really good school if your going to live in Leicester this is one of the most decent places you could pick to be honest couldn't name a bad part of fleckney, ive never seen any trouble here and its really really quiet x

Rodders

« Reply #2 on: 23:32:21, 01/10/13 »
Fleckney is a cool place to live, however there seems to have been a influx of 1 or 2 traveller types moved there in recent months, mainly in the new build housing association houses just off Main St who seem intent on bringing the area into disrepute.

Oh and the chippy's chips are crap.   

steelrat

« Reply #3 on: 09:56:21, 26/11/13 »
I just moved to Fleckney 3 months ago and it's great.

Very friendly, we don't yet have kids so don't know about the schools but the local children are all very polite and well-behaved.

The chippy's chips are good, but the fish batter was too thick the first time we went there.

I guess things can't be perfect all of the time ;+}

steely

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.