Author Topic: WW11 G.I. BABES  (Read 1276 times)

cherokeedee

WW11 G.I. BABES
« on: 10:01:59, 03/07/13 »
I am a G.I. BABY WW11, now living in Cornwall.
My father was a member of the 82nd Airborne div 504 coy. based in Evington Leicester.

I have my family in the States and have now got my U.S. Citizenship restored. I am also from the Cherokee Nation

I am wondering if there are any other people with similar parentage.

flyer

Re: WW11 G.I. BABES
« Reply #1 on: 11:13:41, 03/07/13 »
Hmm there was lots I personly know 3 one being my cousin who was one of the very few with a happy ending ,she went over and married her Mexican G.I still to this day ,The bad tales come from girls who went to live in Harlem a lot of them in squalor i think 90% and more  G.Is just up and left, the girls had fend for the babys ,a lot went into "Homes".But as much as it pains one as to look at the type of person who would leave like that,folk are always looking for "roots"but often best left alone

cherokeedee

« Reply #2 on: 15:59:27, 03/07/13 »
A lot of girls were abandoned when the men went back to the States, and no mine is not a success story either. I have traveled a great deal back home with my husband, my folks were Cherokee  and at one time were not even allowed to be Natives IT WAS AGAINST THE LAW believe it or not. IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY!!.

So I am proud to be 1/4 Cherokee, and have done extensive research on my family. Its been heartbreaking but important for me to find who I really am.

DEE
AGEHE WAYA (SHE WOLF)

flyer

« Reply #3 on: 18:01:13, 03/07/13 »
glad to hear you gained ,the world turns very slow but at least improvements and with changing atitude you can only get stronger.GOOD LUCK O0 O0

cherokeedee

« Reply #4 on: 18:43:36, 03/07/13 »
Thank you so much I do appreciate your message.

Dee

Clive Cartwright

« Reply #5 on: 09:46:52, 24/03/17 »
Hello Dee, you might find this account interesting, especially the last paragraph: http://wartimeleicestershire.com/pages/memoir_files/10.htm

Might that have been your father???

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.