Author Topic: 'Wayside'  (Read 6618 times)

JonB

Re: 'Wayside'
« Reply #15 on: 09:56:48, 20/09/16 »
I am still trying to find a way to get The Wayside Maternity home pictures available to this forum, unfortunately you cannot use email addresses or Web links on this site so I am going to try to make my Flickr website pictures available, I will let you know when I have done it probably later today

JonB

« Reply #16 on: 16:58:58, 20/09/16 »
Dear Colintighe, the best way for me to get these photos to you of the Wayside would probably be Facebook, are you on it, I am on it as Sam George if you send me a friends request I will answer you

Alibongo

« Reply #17 on: 19:07:41, 03/01/18 »
Hi everyone who’s contributed to this thread. I would love to see any photos, plans or maps of The Wayside. I belong to a local history Facebook group and a few pieces of information about the house have been shared by members, but we have many gaps! For example, we would love to know what the lodge was like, and if there was also a cottage in the grounds. Were both these annexes near the Glen Road? From the one or two photos we have seen, the house appeared to be built in the Arts and Crafts style, with the rear facing southeast to enjoy views down the hill (where I now live!) - we would love to see any photos of the front of the house. JonB and Simonclub - you both mention that you have a connection with the property in some way - would you be happy to share any info, or even contribute to our fantastic FB page? Many thanks in advance (and in hope that you receive this message). I ticked the box to say I’d be able to receive emails from other members :)

lann

« Reply #18 on: 12:21:08, 09/08/18 »
Sir John Tudor Walters’ wife was my grandfather’s aunt and I remember as a child him talking about their house in Oadby.  I too would love to know more about “Wayside” and see some pictures.  Has anyone posted any online?

Alibongo

« Reply #19 on: 20:31:01, 09/08/18 »
Hi Iann

There is a Facebook group called Oadby - Remembering the Past where there are several photos and discussions about Wayside, its history ad the people who built it. Simply ask to join, then once you’re a member you can search the group’s posts for Wayside. Other group members would be interested in your connection to the house!

John Galley

« Reply #20 on: 14:37:25, 21/09/18 »
I was born 1943 at wayside would to see photos

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.