Author Topic: Davis Family  (Read 800 times)

Janet

Davis Family
« on: 16:52:12, 14/06/14 »
 :)I've been trying to trace my family who lived/lives in the Earl Shilton area. My grandfather, Samuel Joseph Davis and grandmother Violet Branston Davis (nee Withers) had 10 children, my mother being Rita Branston Davis.  In the 1930's my mother and several of her brothers formed a band but I don't know what kind of music they played.  All I know is my mother was a very good singer.   I know very little about that time of my mother's life and nothing about her family as I was adopted at birth.    If anyone has information  about the Davis family I'd love to hear from them.  Thanks  Janet

TINAHARRISON

Re: Davis Family
« Reply #1 on: 23:35:11, 15/06/14 »
Hi Janet...how strange..my mother was a davis..I too was Davis before my adoption.My grandfather was Eric Davisand i think he did have a brother?common name though!!!try the reg office...on line births ect...good luck!!Tina

Janet

« Reply #2 on: 15:10:43, 17/06/14 »
Hi Tina, Thanks for getting back to me on both my Posts.  I might have a look at Google for Peter J. Murphy (my dad, allegedly!!).

Regards the Davis family:- yes, a common enough name but one of my uncles was named Eric too.  How weird is that?  Now, if your grandfather had Branston as his middle name, or any of your Davis family (male or female) then there is a very good chance we are related.  I've been doing Ancestry for some years now and have found all the Davis family including a large family in Leicester.  They are cousins but they know nothing about my side of the family, which is why I'm hoping someone will have information on the Leicester Forum. 

Have you heard anything from your Private Detective?  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. 

Best wishes,  Janet

TINAHARRISON

« Reply #3 on: 07:26:06, 18/06/14 »
Hi Janet..how funny!!!its a small world..Eric my grandfather was a plasterer I beleive.unsure how large his family was...but they were from the Saffron lane area I think!with regards to the detective..I am stl saving up!!!havnt done much research lately as work and family life has taken priority...as it does!let me know how you get on with google...you never know!!!Tinax

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.