Author Topic: WHY ARE WE SO FAT  (Read 1461 times)

Barry Pole

WHY ARE WE SO FAT
« on: 10:07:40, 19/06/14 »
Ok guys and Dolls

Now please I am feeling a bit bored, but this is an interesting topic, bazza born in the 50s , only fast food fish and chips, no gym membership, no weight watchers, etc etc . Now come all, add to this, why are we so fat, I can remember when I went to School always 1 fat kid in class just 1 .

I could add to this, but get your brains active , why are we so fat, well maybe not us but others.

I am hoping for a big response, in fact make it the biggest.

TINAHARRISON

Re: WHY ARE WE SO FAT
« Reply #1 on: 23:53:29, 23/06/14 »
Great subject matter!!hmmmm...well the proof is in the pud!!we are surrounded by fast foods...general greed...lack of excercise!kids are depedant on parents dropping and picking up...mums work..less time to cook?funny really..u would think people would be slimmer because of the presure of size zzero  models in the media!!!..with the state of things regarding the financial struggles we are experiencing...people are growing alot more produce soooooo full circle hey you guys...people will again get bk to being thin haha

Barry Pole

« Reply #2 on: 11:33:41, 24/06/14 »
Yep Tina agree with all you said, walking to school, in fact walking every place we went, down town for a night out etc walked.

For me I blame it on the good wine , cheese.

TINAHARRISON

« Reply #3 on: 23:28:09, 25/06/14 »
Haha...cheese is my weakness!!!

Johned

« Reply #4 on: 15:12:04, 17/07/14 »
I have always been a bit cynical about the government's passion over obesity among us plebs.  However we have just returned from a weekend in dear old Skeggy and whilst there sat on a seafront seat in the gardens observing the passing parade in general and yes, it is true; whatever age group you encounter, we are a load of fatties.  It must be down to our general intake of Coke, ale, burgers and chips lol!  There was a poor lad aged only about twenty with a handsome face but he was so overweight he had difficulty in putting one step before the other.  Similarly an elderly lady with a huge backside and stomach contained in the briefest of shorts.  Having been brought up during WW2 and recalling the sparsity of the rations, they nevertheless must have given us just about the right amount of calories to keep us going.  Occasionally there were fatties even then but they were in the minority.  I don't know what is the answer, no-one should dictate your personal diet which is your own choice.

Barry Pole

« Reply #5 on: 20:46:18, 17/07/14 »
Good answer John, however most guys are dictated to on diet, normally comes in the form of a wife.

Johned

« Reply #6 on: 22:51:57, 18/07/14 »
'er indoors and self Barry are not exactly Garth and Jane in physique and despite not dieting and eating as well as we can and enjoying it, other than some flab here and there we are not too bad I think which may be open to doubt on the part of the casual observer lol!

Barry Pole

« Reply #7 on: 07:37:21, 20/07/14 »
Never knew you were a psyschic, very profound statement .

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.