Author Topic: Bond Street Maternity Hospital  (Read 2711 times)

Marion Turner

Bond Street Maternity Hospital
« on: 09:00:57, 10/03/15 »
After watching "Call The Midwife" I have an urge to recapture my youth. I trained as a midwife at Bond Street Maternity Hospital, Westcoates Hospital and on the District from August 1968 to 1969. I lived in the hospital initially, then on Ruby Street and Tower Street. Finally I lived with a girl called Pauline  Murphy not sure of the name of the road. My name was then Marion Turner. Is there anyone on line who was there at the same time or who remembers me?

THarrison

Re: Bond Street Maternity Hospital
« Reply #1 on: 18:39:09, 17/04/15 »
Hi! Love that program. ..I was born at bond street in 1969. ..would love to see some pictures if you have any. I am currently writing a book which includes bond street!
 :)

smudge

« Reply #2 on: 18:24:41, 03/05/15 »
I was born at Bond Street..................in wait for it................ 1954 :)

THarrison

« Reply #3 on: 21:22:37, 09/05/15 »
....All the best were born there! !! Any pics guys???

Elaine

« Reply #4 on: 16:49:08, 10/10/15 »
I saw your post while looking for information on Westcoats Maternity hospital. I was born there in 1964 and wondered if  the building is the one now being used by Camhs, westcoats house

THarrison

« Reply #5 on: 22:26:58, 15/10/15 »
..bond street no longer stands. ..It was however near to where St Margarets swimming pool was!
Thanks Ellaine. ..be great to make a list of the "Bond street babies" haha O0

Barry Pole

« Reply #6 on: 02:57:44, 17/10/15 »
Put me on the list . Bazza

lester boy

« Reply #7 on: 16:55:56, 23/10/15 »
Bond Street maternity: Born there in 57. Last time I was opposite it was getting a tax rebate. The time before was when it was a working mens club, pitty of course it wasn't the other way round. Of course, when I was born there was the nr. 29 bus from Stoneygate ran in to the city and the L86 the same from Oadby. Other comments: BAILEY'S night club. I got a membership there, wasn't old enough, for 50p.A pint in the pub (The eclipse - long gone) 12p. Enroute town from Woolco's packet of 20 Nr 10 cigarettes 18p. 2 for the night and what a night it was. Later, Bragita's (Probably spelt wrong) now sainsbury,s down from the station: Chatting to the Late Bill (Buddy) Gask and Romeo Challenger (they owned it) Fun times all round, the worlds closing in on it's self.
Lester Boy

THarrison

« Reply #8 on: 22:16:53, 16/11/15 »
All exciting stuff Lester boy! !....did you know the Bell Hotel?

Barry Pole

« Reply #9 on: 07:24:24, 17/11/15 »
I went to school with Romeo , Moat. Must be something more interesting to chat about Than a Maternity Hospital, scratch your heads guys and come up with something that will spark an interest for this site, its pretty dead at present.

lester boy

« Reply #10 on: 22:31:07, 18/11/15 »
I only came across this site by accident as I was being a bit nostalgic as I don't live in the UK. The Bell Hotel rings  a.....sorry that would be cheesy to finish that line. My Nr. 1 pub was "the carousel". Also the Rainbow and Dove when it was a "trad Boozer".  Jog my memory folks and I may recall and dust of the cobwebs. 

Barry Pole

« Reply #11 on: 22:49:31, 18/11/15 »
The Rainbow and Dove, use to play table football for them, it was rough pub, did you use the Queens, just down the Rd. Stanford and Marquis of Wellington also springs to mind. I too moved on, NZ.

Paul1959

« Reply #12 on: 18:28:35, 18/10/16 »
Put me on the list born in 1959 would love to see some pictures

THarrison

« Reply #13 on: 14:47:48, 01/01/17 »
Interesting! ...I was born at bond street in 1969.

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester. Already a member? Login here.