Author Topic: GERMAN PRISONERS OF WAR - HELD IN LEICESTERSHIRE DURING AND AFTER WWII  (Read 661 times)

SUEBISHOP

I am a history undergraduate studying at the University of Leicester. I'm just starting my dissertation. I would like to hear from anyone who either has personal memories of the German PoW camps in Leicestershire during and after World War II, or who knew someone who was held in one of them.

Clive Cartwright

Have you had much luck on your research?
There's some reference to POW's amongst this list of personal memoirs submitted by people over the years.

http://wartimeleicestershire.com/pages/memoirs.htm

SUEBISHOP

Dear Clive,

Thank you for your message and for your interest in my project.

My research is now finished. I had lots of enquiries about the project after the Leicester Mercury and Radio Leicester did pieces on it for me back in November 2015. The research was fascinating and I learned a lot about the local history of the time with the help of my interviewees.

However, I will have a look at the website link you sent me - once interested, always interested I think!

Kind Regards

Sue

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.