Author Topic: Retchford research  (Read 316 times)

Tony

Retchford research
« on: 00:04:38, 08/01/17 »
Hello Community[/font]

I am researching the Retchford faimly and I have James Retchford who married Ann Slater in Nottingham 1803 and they briefly came to Leicester area and one of their Daughter Ann was christened there 1815, she was born in Nottingham 1807 then they had another child James b 1809 Bapt 1810 Nottingham and Jane b 1818 Nottingham.[/font]

I am looking for additional info in why would James and Ann be in Leicester area.

Now James was born 1775 place unknown  but possibly Leicester area or  Northamptonshire ,

There is a James Retchford b 1841 d 1811 Great Oxendon m  Ann Glover b 1757 Bruntingthorpe Leicester d 1819 Birmingham, these whom I think are his parents and that with out hard evidence and its just working on circumstantial evidence.

Hope some one who have better access to records maybe able to help as I am in Australia.

Many Thanks

Tony [/font]:)

THarrison

Re: Retchford research
« Reply #1 on: 10:50:06, 09/01/17 »
Hi Tony
Have you tried google? Or social media such as Facebook  which could identify relatives?
You could try the census too. I went on a local radio station 'talking history' you could contact Daventry Andrews and arrange an interview all the way from sunny Australia!  Also local news papers can be useful on terms of reaching the general public
I wish you all the best with your searches !!
Tina

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.