Author Topic: email chat / new friends  (Read 3779 times)

silverfox

email chat / new friends
« on: 07:24:07, 01/03/08 »
Hi !
        My name is Mick I am 54. Just looking for email chat friends or even real world ! Enjoy chatting about most things, not really into sport. Like to walk a bit, cycle a bit,        ( though must try and do more ) not a health freak. enjoy going for a drink. Normal things really. If you fancy chatting, please get in touch. Bye for now.  Mick

David

Re: email chat / new friends
« Reply #1 on: 12:15:41, 16/03/11 »
Hi Mick

I am David, into Wine Making, Computers, Cactus, Going Out, I am 74 I may be a bit old for you, I have had a finger in a lot of pies in my time.

David

Rodders

« Reply #2 on: 23:18:45, 16/03/11 »
Hi Mick......and David.
I'm Rod, I'm 64 and retired, still living in Leicester.
I operate a little reclaimed wood business from home to keep my grey matter active.

Looking at our ages maybe we could re-live Last of the Summer Wine.  I'll be Compo.    ;D

David

« Reply #3 on: 15:23:56, 18/03/11 »
Hi Rodders

Yes, I like to keep the grey matter moving, I love playing with computer that do not work right, still got a lot to learn, did 8 courses at Tec on them. Have a couple of web sites.

I live in Hinckley was born there and so were my parents

jazzaroo

« Reply #4 on: 00:21:05, 20/03/11 »
hi I'm Roy, 71 years old play drums and keyboards and run four different bands of a good standard, have a motor cruiser at stratford which i am refurbishing, have just refurbed an MGBGT and i also have a 1936 morris eight in really good condition, well something has to replace women who sadly are now a thing of the past, don't have any time to grow old as everyday presents a new challenge, born and bred on the saff and then eyres monsell (unfortunately) before moving away to pastures new, but my roots will always be in leicester and the saff.

David

« Reply #5 on: 15:07:11, 22/03/11 »
Roy

I am married with 3 children, 4 grandchildren, which I visit when I can, because they do not live locally.

Firefly

« Reply #6 on: 13:23:30, 13/05/11 »
Hi guys!

I'm Fritz orginally from Germany and looking for some people to chat with. I'm 43 years old and working as a janitor in a school.
I like listening to good music and do a lot of stuff outside and going to museums. Just bought some musical tickets. I think just sitting at home is boring so when I'm home I try to talk to people over the phone or the internet. I hate being alone and not able to talk to some one  :D

David

« Reply #7 on: 16:31:43, 14/05/11 »
Hi Fritz

You are about the youngest, Silverfox stated this line and as you see others popped in but nobody seems to stay

Firefly

« Reply #8 on: 11:47:07, 17/05/11 »
Hi guys!

I'm Fritz orginally from Germany and looking for some people to chat with. I'm 43 years old and working as a janitor in a school.
I like listening to good music and do a lot of stuff outside and going to museums. Just bought some musical tickets. I think just sitting at home is boring so when I'm home I try to talk to people over the phone or the internet. I hate being alone and not able to talk to some one  :D

Just broke my leg yesterday so i HAVE TO sit at home....let's talk!^^

David

« Reply #9 on: 16:46:47, 18/05/11 »
Hi Firefly

I know how it feels; a few years ago I broke my two main bones in my leg, below the knee and bones in my ankle.

I had an operation to insert a pin down the middle of the bone.  This necessitated my kneecap being moved to one side to allow the insertion of the pin. A plate with screws: nuts with to hold the other bone and plate in place.  The other 3 fractures in the ankle they used self taper screws.

Firefly

« Reply #10 on: 13:06:27, 19/05/11 »
oh sh*t that sounds terrible!Mine is just a "normal" fracture so it's not that bad but still bad enough to be bored! Can't even go to work....
But how are your legs now??normal condition?

David

« Reply #11 on: 14:35:43, 19/05/11 »
I still have all the steel in the leg; the doctor said it would have to stop there.

It as been 15 years since it happened, and all I did was to slip on some wet grass, fell twisted; I had nearly 3 months off work. (Good job I got paid)

I can walk with not bother; in fact I walk quicker then my wife does.

You say " seating at home is boring," can I give you a little job to do on your computer, it will help to pass the time.

jazzaroo

« Reply #12 on: 13:04:07, 01/06/11 »
ouch!  in terms of pain i can't keep up with you guys but over the years I've suffered a few minor injuries, ripped all my ankle ligaments playing football when my studs got stuck in the grass, badly fractured my right ankle speed skating, gangerene started to set in but they managed to save the leg and i was lucky, had my jaw smashed and unhinged pushing the jawbone through my gum and i had to have my teeth realigned as they were about and inch out of line, not as painful as it sounds as all the nerves were severed, worst part was the sadistic young nurse that had to check which of my teeth were live after the operation , it was like torture as she used a probe attached to ba 9volt battery ,the first two she tested were dead the she hit a live one aaaagh!  I've broken my nose more times than i remember but i can remember a few of them ,one was an accidental head butt playing football, another was being hit in the face with squash raquet, i hit myself on the nose whilst undoing a steering column nut during by mechanic days but the most painful one was being hit full on the nose with a heavy frying pan by an irate woman,  hell hath no fury and all that. i do have a large nose so its an easy target, not quite barry manilow dimensions, apparently he walked into a wall with a hard on and still managed to break his nose which is not really saying much for his manhood is it. I'm in my seventies now and i had a hernia op a couple of years ago and that was probably the most painful thing that i've had to endure, was mugged recently and had my finger cut by the muggers stanley life,without going into detail it will be some time before he mugs anyone else as this pensioner is not for mugging. I'm riddled with arthritis these days but I'm still getting around without a stick so its not so bad,keep up the good work fellas and never give up, you can do anything you want if you try,  cheers 

David

« Reply #13 on: 14:34:50, 21/06/11 »
Jazzaroo

That is one thing I do not have arthritis, thank god.

I have had a hernia op about 40 years ago

I think the most painful thing that happen to me is being knocked off my motor bike about 20 years ago, I pulled every ligament in both legs the car turned into me as I was passing a side street he wanted to turn into. I went straight over the boot of his car. I was in a wheel chair for a few weeks then crutches, and then sticks; I was off work 3 months. [I still ride my motor bike now]

Is there one thing that you did which when looking back you think " I must have been mad"

Mine is abseiling down the local church tower about 17 years ago I was 57
 Try any thing once that's me  O0

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.