Author Topic: More important than ever...  (Read 387 times)

Tina Harrison

More important than ever...
« on: 15:23:36, 05/06/20 »
Hi all
I hope this finds you well especially in the current circumstances with Covid 19 in our lives.
During this difficult time I sadly lost my mum after her fight with Cancer. It has been a devastating time.
...I have titled this 'more important than ever' the reason being as my loss has ignited my need to continue to search for my birth father.
For the first time in my life I find myself with no birth parent...and this feels quite different it is hard to explain. What I do know is I want to continue with this search.....if there is anyone out there who may be able to assist...recall either the Bell Hotel...Steve Kelly..please get in touch.
Keep safe
Tina

Canadapaddy

Re: More important than ever...
« Reply #1 on: 07:35:18, 30/07/20 »
Hi Tina,

I'm new here and searching for an uncle or perhaps two so Know of your frustration and your hope.
I do have a suggestion and that is to search government sites or offices to see if he paid stamps for employment for unemployment, health or pension.
If you can tie down a period when he worked there that might give you a lead.

It's unfortunate that the statistics office doesn't publish census data until it's 100 years old but there are government records outside of that e.g. might he have owned a house and paid rates.

If I think of any other leads I will pas them along.  Good luck.

Tina Harrison

Re: More important than ever...
« Reply #2 on: 08:15:44, 30/07/20 »
Good morning...great advice as he was employed at the Bell Hotel. Leicester...however there are certain records which the general public can not access due to data protection etc
Also the lack of personal information does not help.
I thought the DNA route would be my best bet,however again it's a ploy to get you to pay pretty high costs to access records...which actually are not of use to me because predominately they ask for names...DOB....etc. The whole point for joining is because I dont know!Haha
Frustrating....very...brick wall...yes!...
One thing I do still have is hope!
All the very best!
Tina

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.