Author Topic: Modeling Management  (Read 1619 times)

lancalot

Modeling Management
« on: 20:49:10, 25/11/08 »
Hi

I am new to this forum so I hope I am on the right section.  Does anyone know of Stand Out Model management in Leicester. My daughter who is 14 as been offered a place with them, but although they say no registration fees there is a charge of 125 for the intital start up costs. My daughter previously signed up with Models Direct in Cardiff and paid a fee, but never got any work from them.

Any information on this company would be very much appreciated

Lancalot :-\

DtM

Re: Modeling Management
« Reply #1 on: 13:59:27, 30/11/08 »
Hello lancalot and welcome.

I used to be freelance photographer and the amount of models contacting me for some photographs to be taken for these model management/agencies was amazing. I used to inform them that if the model agency was genuine then there would be no advanced fee and they, the agency, would sort out the photographs, as a rule.

Hope this helps.
:coolsmiley:

Unconquered Mind

Re: Modeling Management
« Reply #2 on: 18:44:18, 17/05/09 »
NEVER pay a fee up front to a modelling agency.  I know the fashion industry well and this kind of thing happens every day.  Treat a modelling agency like any other employmeny agency. 

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester. Already a member? Login here.