Author Topic: Baileys night club  (Read 25302 times)

Jant

Baileys night club
« Reply #45 on: 20:15:45, 17/06/13 »
Hi
Does anyone recall the dance troupe Legs & Co. ever appearing at Baileys some time around 1981/82 ?

gres E

Re: Baileys night club
« Reply #46 on: 10:04:19, 18/06/13 »
I dont recall Legs and Co, but I saw Hot Gossip there.

the_motownman

« Reply #47 on: 11:17:43, 18/06/13 »
i worked there when hot gossip were there. i ont remember legs and co but sometimes there was a one off show. discotex and the sexolets did a one off and it flopped massively.

Irishrita

« Reply #48 on: 21:40:17, 21/06/13 »
the little man that made the drinks was called george. I was with Barry Sutton who sadly died in 1983 who played bass guitar in nitelife. When is there another reunion as i missed the lastone

gres E

« Reply #49 on: 09:27:51, 22/06/13 »
Irishrita. I've just twigged who you are. I was the guitarist in Nitelife and became really good mates with Baz.
If you're interested, a video of the band came to light last year, which I've managed to get onto a dvd, and I've got some band photo's with Baz on.   

Irishrita

« Reply #50 on: 00:07:38, 23/06/13 »
it would be nice to see video and photos. i have got some with the band and the crazy nights you all got dressed up for

gres E

« Reply #51 on: 11:39:37, 25/10/13 »
Irishrita. I've been off line for a while, computer problems. I've got some photo's and a dvd with Baz Sutton on if you're interested. Let me know and I'll get them to you. Graham (Gres).

TINAHARRISON

« Reply #52 on: 21:58:58, 29/10/13 »
Hmmm..we're you guys around 1968/69..when the bell hotel was still with us????

jaybird0000

« Reply #53 on: 12:05:15, 26/11/13 »
I remember Top Rank better - nothing ever matched it. Just some of the guys I recall from back then: DJ's Colin Monk and John Lees; Chalky White; Maggie and Chep (sisters); Paul and Dave O'Dell; Trev Purple; Tommy Amorosa; Anne O'Neil; Goldie; Baz Tudge; Linda Knight; Louise Chapman; Sam (Susan) Brown; Dennis Brierley; Saj Gil; Maz and Kelv; Babs Bishop; Sylvia and Cherry; John St Bernard; and bouncers - Paul Allen, Big Phil, Anthony Clarke, Chico, and Frank; plus countless others whose names I've forgotten!

Wow! Wish it was way back then forever - don't you? That was when life was worth living.

Bigtone

« Reply #54 on: 20:57:30, 27/05/14 »
I remember the knockout nights I was in the team from British bakeries leicester and my biggest memory was breaking a chair whilst trying to burst the biggest balloon to win on the night also remember paul conquest getting me in the slade dressing room to meet the band also had some great nights there with the complimentary tickets paul & lee curtis used to give me really great memories of that place

Barry Pole

« Reply #55 on: 09:33:36, 04/06/14 »
Baileys great nights out, Adam and Eve, Grannys,the Palais, Blaby Arms, Lacarno at Notts, give me some help with others. 60s good music good City.

TINAHARRISON

« Reply #56 on: 06:52:26, 09/06/14 »
...Aivary..rickshaws...peggotys...black orchid in Derby..Slick chicks too 39 steps....red balloon lutterworrh...

Barry Pole

« Reply #57 on: 07:34:38, 09/06/14 »
Tina you must have been a raver, remember that name raver, I have never heard of those places, they sounded good. Just thought of another drop in , the fish and quart some where in the city.

I must ask my wife what she remembers.

TINAHARRISON

« Reply #58 on: 18:41:28, 10/06/14 »
Haha..indeed I was! Spent 10yrs in London too!!!it was a long time ago...enjoy a cuppa now and a good movie! :laugh:

Barry Pole

« Reply #59 on: 20:55:15, 10/06/14 »
And good for you Tina, I left Leicester in 19 74 for NZ, when I got married to my wife , we both went to same infant school . We do visit Leicester and really like the villages.

I know what you mean watching movies, Game of Thrones is our thing at moment.

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.