Author Topic: Rockin' Ronnie and the Bendy Ruperts?  (Read 3373 times)

pablo472

Rockin' Ronnie and the Bendy Ruperts?
« on: 10:21:33, 06/05/09 »
Hi,
Does anybody remember Rockin' Ronnie and the Bendy Ruperts?
I work with 'Rockin' Ronnie Slicker' down in Exeter and he's been reminising!

Does anybody have any contact with any of the old band:

Martin Scott
Richard 'Dick' Durance
Nigel Bullen
John Horrocks
Mick White
Stevie Nurse
Rod Lee
Brian and Terry the Roadies etc?

If so, he would love to hear from any of them.
I have put a post out on Twitter too but to no avail, so if somebody in Leicester could possibly retweet this I'd be most greatful.

RT @pablo472: Anybody in the Leicester area remember Rockin Ronnie & the Bendy Ruperts? Ronnie' wants to contact the band! R U In Leicester?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Paul

Suky Boo

Re: Rockin' Ronnie and the Bendy Ruperts?
« Reply #1 on: 01:01:24, 16/10/10 »
I remember Rockin Ronnie and the Bendy Ruperts. Saw them a few times at the Imperial in Leicester. Ronnie should try Facebook to locate his old friends.   

horrocks19

« Reply #2 on: 11:00:26, 08/10/12 »
Hi Paul,

I am John Horrocks's son. now the ripe old age of 27, i remember watching the ruperts when i was tiny... if you are still interested in contacting my dad or Rod Lee for that matter, i can put you in the right direction
cheers
Mike Horrocks

chrissims

« Reply #3 on: 17:18:46, 03/03/13 »
Hi, I promote bands in Leicester and had Rocking Ronnie on last year.  He is also returning on 17th August 2013 at The Musician Clyde Street Leicester LE1 2DE.  He has one of the old Ruperts with him - Malcolm Watson - and is well worth a look!  Tickets are 6 and available from my website Xander Promotions (can't post link as the forum won't allow!)

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester. Already a member? Login here.