Author Topic: Joseph Gaskell / Gillett???  (Read 1557 times)

nicola

Joseph Gaskell / Gillett???
« on: 19:20:25, 30/10/09 »
Hello all from the wilds of Wigan..

I am looking for a part of my family, namely the descendants of JOSEPH GASKELL / GILLETT????? He was born in Wigan in 1901 to Joseph and Bridget. He moved to Leicester after WWII and lived on Philbert Street. At some point he changed his surname.

I know this is a long shot, but I've tried similar things on other forums and quite often through word of mouth some info pops up!  ;)

I would dearly love to get in touch with any of his family as there are many people in Wigan that wonder what happened to him.

**Just found out that he may have worked on the car park at the football stadium, this was perhaps in the 1950' 60's

I use my same name on a website called Wiganworld,  under the communicate and general forum, if anyone would rather type on there than here..

Thanks for looking! Here's hoping!   O0 O0

nicola

Re: Joseph Gaskell / Gillett???
« Reply #1 on: 11:20:42, 29/06/10 »
Bump..... Nobody out there heard of him or knew of anyone that came from Wigan???  :-[

Dennis Neal

« Reply #2 on: 18:51:19, 12/12/10 »
The correct address is FILBERT Street which fits well with Leicester City football ground which was for many years in Filbert Street. It may help narrow your search.
Dennis

Rodders

« Reply #3 on: 00:41:54, 17/12/10 »
I once knew a Carol Gillett in the early 60's, used to go to South Wigston high school.
Rather skinny but boy did I have the hots for her, shame she never gave me a second glance,   :'(
She would be in her early 60's now, Your not the lovely Carol are you  ?   ;)

nicola

« Reply #4 on: 12:52:28, 22/02/11 »
Nope i'm not her Rodders!  ;D

It's just that i am not 100% certain what his name was changed to... I know he used to come and visit his sister and her family back in Wigan from time to time... I was hoping that someone may know someone who had a dad from Wigan called Joe nr Filbert Street, so I can introduce them to the family fold!  O0

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.