Author Topic: Leicester City Tramways staff, uniforms and badges  (Read 1882 times)

Whaley Ash

Hello

I run a website dedicated to UK Tramway Company Badges and Buttons (http://www.birches.plus.com/), and am currently trying to put together a page on Leicester City Tramways. Ideally this would consist of a description of the uniforms and badges worn, as well as photos of badges and, if possible, some decent photos of tramway staff (Motormen, Conductors and Inspectors etc).

I have a few Leicester badges in my own collection, but am totally lacking any photos of staff that would add some historical context and reveal more details of the uniforms. If anyone out there has any decent photos of Leicester City Tramways Motormen, Conductors or any other grades, and would be happy for me to use them on my website, then I'd love to hear you.

Regards, Ashley Birch (High Peak)

jazzaroo

Re: Leicester City Tramways staff, uniforms and badges
« Reply #1 on: 06:03:39, 09/01/11 »
Hi I'm probably not much help with your research, but i can tell you that the tram terminus was on belgrave road almost opposite the central station, the building was called Lero and it was turned into a technical college in the mid fifties, i remember using trams as everyday transport ,my only gripe was getting my bike wheels inside the tram rails particularly in the clarendon park area of queens road and avenue road extension and this did create some hairy moments ,i think that i was about 12 at that time i reside in the west miodlands these days and there is a tram museum at Wythall just a short distrance from B'ham city boundary, you probably know this anyway but I thought that i would mention it.

jazzaroo

Re: Leicester City Tramways staff, uniforms and badges
« Reply #2 on: 06:09:48, 09/01/11 »
Hi this carries on from the last message as i forgot to mention that i have a friend that is heavily into steam trains and trams,this guy is a pro photographer and has thousands of negatives many of wshich i believe to be of trams trains and buses, if you want his details you can email me on [email protected] and we chat further

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.