Author Topic: maternity hospital  (Read 9926 times)

flyer

maternity hospital
« on: 19:30:07, 04/02/10 »
Looking the name of the maternity hospital/house somewhere in the middle of Leicester. Big old victorian house with large stone pillars 50s-60s. You went to bond st or this one. Can't think of name or st, any idea's?

flyer

Re: maternity hospital
« Reply #1 on: 19:18:48, 28/02/10 »
Looking the name of the maternity hospital/house some where middle Leicester big old victorian house with large stone pillars 50s-60s you went to bond st or this one can't think off name or st any idea's
is there a Glenfield or glen something Maternity house in the center of Leicester that name keeps coming back to me

m1pete

« Reply #2 on: 10:37:25, 12/06/10 »
Westcotes was a maternity hospital until the 60s on Westcotes Drive at the back of the new doctors centre on Fosse road south, the house is still there and used by the NHS, I not sure if this is the one that you mean.

flyer

« Reply #3 on: 20:39:04, 12/06/10 »
sounds very much like the one Daughter was born there in 62 just forgot the name ,and now50yrs later my D asked "and where was I born" thanks for the info

ronalde300

« Reply #4 on: 17:49:13, 15/06/10 »
It was called Bond Street Maternity Hospital. A friend of ours wasMatron there in the 1950s Allso my wife was admitted there in the !950s Not a good experience for her

flyer

« Reply #5 on: 20:27:12, 16/06/10 »
No not bond st(runs off the clock tower) although my first born was there my wife thought it was great( 1959 ) westcotes does seem to be FosseRd area

Suky Boo

« Reply #6 on: 00:55:59, 16/10/10 »
There was also Roundhay but that was at Kirby Muxloe.

Suky Boo

« Reply #7 on: 00:57:03, 16/10/10 »
Don't know if Fielding Johnson hospital had maternity facilities but it has pillars.

flyer

« Reply #8 on: 13:14:23, 20/10/10 »
westcotes does seem to strike a note mind you i do have to go back more years than i care to remember :) :)

shirley

« Reply #9 on: 23:48:41, 10/01/11 »
 :) Yes definately Westcotes maternity hospital.   My daughter wa s born there in 1957.   My god was it really that long ago

flyer

« Reply #10 on: 16:27:10, 14/01/11 »
I'm afraid so, my my first girl now a grandmother,and me i'm  great great and workinking on my G.G.G for that I think I get a gold star,OH and i think my wife was around somswere at the time

Dennis Neal

« Reply #11 on: 13:49:37, 15/01/11 »
My gran told me I was born in the USA - up stairs in the attic. Always puzzled me as we had no attic!
Dennis

lyndyloo

« Reply #12 on: 10:31:25, 22/02/11 »
The Maternity Hospital In Kirby Muxloe was  called "Roundhills ", I had both my Children There in 1973 and 1976 ,Sadly closed Down some years ago , I loved having my Births there , It was so quiet and set in lovely Grounds Better than the hustle and Bustle of the Maternity Hospital in Leicester , The other Hospital with Big Pillars Is Field and Johnson that was once a Maternity Hospital then It went to a Private Hospital but that also Closed Down some years ago , Cant think that there ever was a maternity Hospital In Glenfield !

flyer

« Reply #13 on: 07:29:56, 07/03/11 »
My gran told me I was born in the USA - up stairs in the attic. Always puzzled me as we had no attic!
Now thats a term I've never heard before &  I thought I'd heard them all O0 O0

Audrey Kirk

« Reply #14 on: 21:34:45, 29/12/12 »
I know it is a while since people have posted on this.  Yes Fielding Johnson Hospital (White Pillars ) outside was a Private Maternity Hospital!! My twin brother and I were born at Fielding Johnson Hospital on Regent Road Leicester in January 1948. We were told that they had not had twins born there before and that Matron put us in baskets by her fire as it was so cold!!

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.