Author Topic: moving to leicester  (Read 4464 times)

jojomarmite

moving to leicester
« on: 18:56:09, 20/06/10 »
Hello!
Me and my boyfriend are moving to leicester, as I will be working in Syston, was wondering where the nice areas are as we are looking for a house to rent!
Jo

Fluffmeister

Re: moving to leicester
« Reply #1 on: 12:42:21, 22/06/10 »
Hi Jo! Me too - I'm moving next year.

Oadby and Stoneygate seem to be the "posh" areas (is that right?), and I'm looking to move to Clarendon Park which is mainly Victorian terraced houses and quite studenty with lots of nice eateries there.

jojomarmite

« Reply #2 on: 19:52:19, 26/07/10 »
Anyone know anything about Aylestone? Good and bad?!

jojomarmite

« Reply #3 on: 21:54:02, 30/07/10 »
We just want a 2-3 bedroomed house, budget 525 somewhere nice in Leicester -or ok! We also have a cat, which is making things difficult but we can't leave her behind. ;D

dann2mac

« Reply #4 on: 14:42:24, 01/08/10 »
im moving to leicester too have a 400 budget for renting also looking 4 security work down there can any 1 give me an idea on wat the area and work is like

flyer

« Reply #5 on: 19:00:34, 10/08/10 »
Hi Jo! Me too - I'm moving next year.

Oadby and Stoneygate seem to be the "posh" areas (is that right?), and I'm looking to move to Clarendon Park which is mainly Victorian terraced houses and quite studenty with lots of nice eateries there.
All i Know is very few people in Leicester know how to use the E-Nett and i think only 37 computer's in the county so you can wait a long time for a reply

DtM

« Reply #6 on: 09:13:55, 19/09/10 »
 :)

Good and bad parts of every area, like in most cities.
:coolsmiley:

Belladou

« Reply #7 on: 12:50:24, 17/12/10 »
Hey Fluffmeister and Jo,
I've recently moved to Leicester :) Just discovered that one of Leicesters sister cities is Strasbourg.. I've always been wondering how they chose what cities will be twins, because I don't see any similarities, connections,... between Strasbourg and Leicester!
Anyway, I moved here because my husband got a work permit, I'm still looking for a job. I've learned "master baker" in Germany, and as I realise, there are not so many bakeries in Leicester, so maybe I should just open one myself?

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester. Already a member? Login here.