Author Topic: Leicester Ghosts  (Read 14052 times)

Chris

• Administrator
Leicester Ghosts
« on: 22:19:20, 09/03/06 »
I know the Guildhall and Belgrave Hall are supposed to be haunted. Are there any other places? Are any pubs haunted?

quidditch seeker

Re: Leicester Ghosts
« Reply #1 on: 20:24:10, 24/03/06 »
 The Bridle Lane Tavern on Willow St is supposed to be haunted, as is the old part of St Matthew's estate. An old man is supposed to have seen a group of burned children walking towards him.

Also Groby Pool, and not forgetting Bradgate Park, with our most famous ghost, Lady Jane Grey.

Sexy Saz

« Reply #2 on: 10:05:32, 30/03/06 »
The Opera House restaurant near Guildhall is supposed to be haunted, a few of my friends work there and they are always going on about it being haunted.

Also The Grange Farm pub in Oadby is supposed to be haunted, it used to be a farm house and apparently most of the family died in the house, apparently the staff room is the scariest place to be, and the toilets sometimes has an odd feeling.
Saz

xXx

haymister

« Reply #3 on: 22:30:18, 15/04/06 »
The Bridle Lane Tavern on Willow St is supposed to be haunted, as is the old part of St Matthew's estate. An old man is supposed to have seen a group of burned children walking towards him.

Also Groby Pool, and not forgetting Bradgate Park, with our most famous ghost, Lady Jane Grey.

Hi, I live near groby pool.  How would I experience the ghost??  This is really interesting....!

m1pete

« Reply #4 on: 01:15:31, 30/12/06 »
Just sit in the carpark all night, you will see them.

Thanks,  m1pete.

m1pete

« Reply #5 on: 01:25:14, 30/12/06 »
It is said that their is a ghost that walks along Short Street in town, her name is Polly The High Kicker, she worked has a prostitute around that area and was murdered by a sailor.

clem13

« Reply #6 on: 15:34:37, 14/02/07 »
Has anyone seen a ghost around leicester. i know somebody who supposedly saw the ghost of lady jane grey

jobee

« Reply #7 on: 07:38:55, 10/04/07 »
Has anyone seen a ghost around leicester. i know somebody who supposedly saw the ghost of lady jane grey

Was 'somebody' on scotch or brandy-IN the spirit world-so to speak

m1pete

« Reply #8 on: 20:52:32, 01/08/07 »
 :knuppel2:
Was his name "Check Mate" by any chance, he says that he saw it.

Crispy

« Reply #9 on: 17:33:46, 07/08/07 »
I once saw something pretty weird whilst walking down by the Soar near the Crispbowl, which scared the hell out of me at the time, but I'm still not 100% sure it wasn't someone playing a really really clever prank on me!

Might write it up when I have time, it was pretty damn odd.

Crispy

plotty

« Reply #10 on: 11:13:45, 05/12/07 »
Are there any "official" ghost walks in and around Leicester anyone?
I hAtE cHaRnWoOd CoUnCiL

m1pete

« Reply #11 on: 02:39:37, 07/12/07 »
Theres a lot of ghost walks in the city, just go into Leicester tourist information office in Every Street, opersite The Town Hall.

Colin Crosby does some great ghost walks, Ive been on them. just ask the tourist office for one of his Leicester walks programs, normal charge is about 3.50p per person per walk.

Cheers,  m1pete.

plotty

« Reply #12 on: 04:28:58, 07/12/07 »
Theres a lot of ghost walks in the city, just go into Leicester tourist information office in Every Street, opersite The Town Hall.

Colin Crosby does some great ghost walks, Ive been on them. just ask the tourist office for one of his Leicester walks programs, normal charge is about 3.50p per person per walk.

Cheers,  m1pete.

Nice one bud, ta for that mate.
I hAtE cHaRnWoOd CoUnCiL

Allycat

« Reply #13 on: 22:40:50, 02/10/10 »
Apparently The Talbot in Belgrave is meant to be haunted. Years ago convicted criminals had their last meal there before being sent to the gallows nearby, and they came back to haunt the place. Or so they say.

Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 20:32:23, 13/10/10 »
Does anyone here actually beleive in ghosts?

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester. Already a member? Login here.