Author Topic: Palace Theatre  (Read 10818 times)

jazzaroo

Re: Palace Theatre
« Reply #45 on: 02:34:14, 05/08/11 »
Flyer, confusion reigns, not sure where i got Netherwood from but I've obviously got the wrong name of the estate, if it comes to me i will let you know but its trivial anyway

flyer

« Reply #46 on: 16:04:04, 05/08/11 »
phew thats a reiief I thought it was just me :2funny: :2funny:

Flebia

« Reply #47 on: 16:55:48, 06/08/11 »

The Trocadero was a clean cinema, used to like going there . My sister lived on Netherhall estate for about 10 years before emigrating to Australia in the early 60s . I lived in Haynes Road ( near Coleman Road) moved to Sandbanks 1963 was lovely there then so unspoilt. The millionaires have completely ruined it. Now live in lovely Somerset.

jazzaroo

« Reply #48 on: 17:31:00, 07/08/11 »
thanks flebia, Nertherhall was the estate that i was looking for and not netherwood which was the maternity ward at solihull where my eldest daughter was born, sorry flyer, put it down to a senior moment, not that you have any of those of course !!!

Alan

« Reply #49 on: 20:50:54, 24/08/11 »
You are right I believe Shirley.  Siler Street was where all the big Pantomimes were staged and the Gods were blooming high.  Floral Hall and the Palace were next door to each other in Belgrave gate.  The Floral Hall was a cinema and used by dirty old men in raincoats and the Palace was live entertainment.  Tele killed the Palace off.  8)

flyer

« Reply #50 on: 21:33:55, 25/08/11 »
thanks but us dirty old men have rights to however dont own a raincoat

Alan

« Reply #51 on: 08:00:55, 26/08/11 »
On second thoughts the Opera House may have been in Cank Street memory fading, 8)

jazzaroo

« Reply #52 on: 13:51:18, 26/08/11 »
TV did not help the palace theatre but i think that its demise had more to do with crap shows like  the carroll levis discoveries, this man made spewy green and opportunity knocks look cool.

roy

born but not bred
« Reply #53 on: 17:45:04, 04/11/11 »
 :D   hello me again.let me tell you a little about myself .as best as i remember i was born at 103 gallards hill in 1951. my dad,s name bill sherriff and he was one sorry b,,,,,, my moms name was marjorie people called her madge . i remember the coxs family they lived at 111 gallards.my mom died when i was eleven. i will admit that i was always in trouble with the police. after my mom died.i dont blame anyone for the trouble i got into.i lived in leicester untill i was about eighteen then i moved to weymouth in dorset and shortly there after i met a beautiful girl from the united states. boy what a change in comparison to the girls i dated previuosly. in 1974 we got married and a few months later she moved back to america and of course i went also. we didnt move to california which is were she was born instead we moved to florida. we go back to leicester and weymouth often. i still have old friends over there but have never been able find them .theres a couple of people i would like too see when we come over next year . one is shirley cox AKA shack another would be chris brown and also billy clark AKA wally. thanks for looking god speed roy sherriff.

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.