Author Topic: cross family broughton road  (Read 1109 times)

jazzaroo

cross family broughton road
« on: 18:27:57, 10/01/11 »
my mother was Florence (flo cross) her married name was Lowe ,she was one of nine children and had seven brothers, they all saw action in WW2 and amazingly they all survived although sadly they have all gone now, they were all decent people and they helped to make my formative years happy and carefree,my grandfather was Walter cross and used to work at the roman forum and i understand that he was an authoriy with the history there. there were many grandchildren like myself that might want to reminisce

TINAHARRISON

Re: cross family broughton road
« Reply #1 on: 20:38:40, 22/02/13 »
was broughton road near saffron lane?

jazzaroo

« Reply #2 on: 21:24:15, 22/02/13 »
Hi Tina, yes Broughton road ran paralell with saffron lane on the saff estate and my grandparents house was only a short distance from Marriot road school that was on the opposite side of the road

TINAHARRISON

« Reply #3 on: 17:40:17, 23/02/13 »
my mum lived there with her mum...surname davis...the origional houses were knocked down and rebuilt...have you knowledge of anyone else on that road?

jazzaroo

« Reply #4 on: 01:44:02, 24/02/13 »
no idea about anyone currently living in Broughton road, as my last contact there would have been in the late sixties before all the house renovations,

TINAHARRISON

« Reply #5 on: 21:43:28, 27/02/13 »
thats when my mum lived there...1969ish! all the best with your searcb....have you tried the records office in wigston????they are very helpful

:)

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.