Author Topic: famous cowboys and horses  (Read 4531 times)

jazzaroo

famous cowboys and horses
« on: 14:06:55, 08/02/11 »
Remembering all those cowboy films and comics from the forties and early fifties, how many cowboys and their horses do you remember, the only ones that come to mind are;
Roy Rogers and Trigger
Gene autry  and   Champion
Hopalong cassidy and Whitewind, I remember Tom mix ,Rocky lane,but i do not remember their horses name, lets have some help with this so that i can sleep tonight.

flyer

Re: famous cowboys and horses
« Reply #1 on: 21:47:28, 11/02/11 »
the lone ranger & tonto

jazzaroo

« Reply #2 on: 23:08:50, 11/02/11 »
Flyer   good one ! but what was the name of the lone rangers horse?

flyer

« Reply #3 on: 16:08:06, 12/02/11 »
Not coming to mind as yet

flyer

« Reply #4 on: 16:12:55, 12/02/11 »
Hi ho"SILVER"

flyer

« Reply #5 on: 16:14:52, 12/02/11 »
Hi Ho :SILVER"

jazzaroo

« Reply #6 on: 19:25:37, 12/02/11 »
 BRAVO !

shirley

« Reply #7 on: 19:46:07, 12/02/11 »
 >:(
       No No Silver was the lone rangers horse.     Tonto was was the lone rangers indian pal.  Trust me

jazzaroo

« Reply #8 on: 17:51:11, 13/02/11 »
Yeh we know that, thats what flyer came up with ,anyway i thought that the loan arranger worked at the bank !

flyer

« Reply #9 on: 18:09:49, 13/02/11 »
>:(
       No No Silver was the lone rangers horse.     Tonto was was the lone rangers indian pal.  Trust me
Always knew my warped sense  would get me into trouble

flyer

« Reply #10 on: 18:14:41, 13/02/11 »
Tom Mix had three horse's "Old Blue"(1919) tony ,and Tony Jr the wonder horse

flyer

« Reply #11 on: 18:18:04, 13/02/11 »
the lone ranger & tonto
Rocky Lanes horse was called Black Jack

jazzaroo

« Reply #12 on: 19:06:15, 13/02/11 »
well researched ,you have obviously been on the internet, can't think of any more cowboys let alone horses ,i suppose that there was always kit carson but i'm not even sure that he had a horse ,perhaps we should go out more !!
the lone ranger and tonto were riding into town when tonto said  kemo sabay (remember that ) i think that we are being followed, the lone ranger looked but could not see anyone, tonto who had keen eyesight pointed to a speck in the distance (no this is not a speck savers joke) they carried on regardless when tonto said ,the man that is following us is getting nearer ,this time the lone ranger could clearly see that the figure was getting closer, upon arriving into town they looked back and the stalker was only about a 100 yards away , they went into the saloon and were drinking whisky at the bar when the saloon doors flew open and there stood the man in he doorway, shoot him kemo sabay said a scared tonto,no i can't do that replied the LR after all I've known him since he was little,    ouch!!

flyer

« Reply #13 on: 21:44:17, 13/02/11 »
well researched ,you have obviously been on the internet, can't think of any more cowboys let alone horses ,i suppose that there was always kit carson but i'm not even sure that he had a horse ,perhaps we should go out more !!
the lone ranger and tonto were riding into town when tonto said  kemo sabay (remember that ) i think that we are being followed, the lone ranger looked but could not see anyone, tonto who had keen eyesight pointed to a speck in the distance (no this is not a speck savers joke) they carried on regardless when tonto said ,the man that is following us is getting nearer ,this time the lone ranger could clearly see that the figure was getting closer, upon arriving into town they looked back and the stalker was only about a 100 yards away , they went into the saloon and were drinking whisky at the bar when the saloon doors flew open and there stood the man in he doorway, shoot him kemo sabay said a scared tonto,no i can't do that replied the LR after all I've known him since he was little,    ouch!!
Yes must confess to having just a little help from Google on all but silver

jazzaroo

« Reply #14 on: 22:45:17, 13/02/11 »
Hi Flyer, if thats what you are, and Shirley, i think we can put this topic to bed as i don't think that anyone will come up with anything else, whilst we are on the subject of horses here's a couple of daft questions for you, can you descibe a hungry horse in 4 letters ( real beano stuff this)
and why did a red indian chief name one of his wives four horses?  i doubt whether you will find the answers on google.

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.