Author Topic: Help Quit Smoking  (Read 1146 times)

waltky stoney

Help Quit Smoking
« on: 12:57:35, 16/02/11 »
Quitting  cigarettes is no easy task. It  takes a lot of patience and perseverance to fight smoking. Smokers can also opt  from the many smoking cessation aids available in the market. The co-operation  and encouragement of the people around smokers can also help smokers quit  smoking.

It is necessary that the family and friends of the  smokers lend them a helping hand and make themselves available to their smoking  friends. Smokers might behave irrationally while quitting, but it should not be  taken to heart by the pals as he is just venting out his emotions and trying to  cope with emotional and physical changes. It is important that the quitters  develop a secure feeling and are motivated always. It is necessary to steer  them away from temptation. During triggering situations they should be  discouraged to smoke. Friends who smoke should try not to light up in front of  their quitting friends. They should also not leave ashtrays or cigarettes  around. Smokers should be encouraged to exercise, eat well, keep calm and get  plenty of sleep. All this helps to throw out the toxins from the body and  maintain good health and weight. Environment is important for changing habits  and hence one must set a good example to their friends trying to quit smoking.  They should lend them a shoulder to lean on and must be ever ready to help  them. Even after quitting smoking, one must keep in touch with them and ensure  that they do not go into relapse and start smoking again. They should be  appreciated for their achievement of quitting cigarettes.

Alan

Re: Help Quit Smoking
« Reply #1 on: 14:34:28, 23/02/11 »
  Started on fags at 14, Nosegay? Wild woodbine then Parkdrive. When working HGV driving I did 80 parkies a day. Retired, down to 40 Benson a day. What a mug. Stopped at 70, nearly three years ago. I worked out why I was broke on Friday Saturday and waited for pension on Monday after borrowing a tenner to get me through. I worked out it was 75 + a week at that time. So I put 75 on the table and set to burn it. That is what I was doing every week. I asked the Doctor for Champex. A 12 week course I took the first month and stopped smoking. I never finished the course. I am not bragging as I had tried before to stop. I suffered no effects. Today my wife smokes and other people around me, it does not bother me. Every now and then I could die for a fag, but it is gone in seconds I know one puff will put me back into poverty. So I can now buy things I could never afford before, even taxing or insuring the car without a loan. I know it is hard but think of the benefits. My regret is all the money I sent up in smoke, although I did enjoy a fag. Go for it if you think you can do it.
Alan.

apollo xi

« Reply #2 on: 00:16:39, 12/04/12 »
I know of a financial adviser who quit smoking. The money he saved was used in buying shares in a tobacco company. Nasty...very nasty.

bowbridge99

« Reply #3 on: 00:26:18, 28/02/13 »
One way to stop smoking is to watch somebody with lung cancer trying to get their breath..Not easy to stop but consider that if you are diagnosed with some self -inflicted  smoking - related nasty you will never forgive yourself not just for shortening your own life but also depriving your kids of a parent

flyer

« Reply #4 on: 09:08:29, 09/03/13 »
not smoked in over 30yrs but when i was stoping found that some extra strong mints went a long way need a smoke pop a mint

bowbridge99

« Reply #5 on: 18:32:08, 09/03/13 »
Don't think I could afford to smoke these days..Cost about 7 for twenty ...got  a mortgage to pay and grown up kids that are always skint...Not to mention my neighbours cat thats never away from our house..Its here more than it is there.it even sleeps on te bonnet of my car

flyer

« Reply #6 on: 11:54:22, 10/03/13 »
now theres an easy answer, glue a pot on the bonnet (or hood)and plant that cat repelant so now u have a nice plant to look at while driving around