Author Topic: the king richard road w.m.c  (Read 1264 times)

gerrycammack

the king richard road w.m.c
« on: 21:32:47, 19/03/11 »
Anyone remember the king richards road w.m.c either in the old premises or in the new one?
Can anyone tell me whatever happened to it and when did it close?
Where have all the members gone?
      After a visit back to my home town and my old haunts,it seemed strange not to see it there.
We lived around the corner and went in the club every night,we grew up in that club
    What"s happening to leicester,the westend pub as gone, the bridges have gone, kirby and west as gone.
   Is the black horse,the braunstonegate inn & Marios chippy still about.

lilian gargiulo

Re: the king richard road w.m.c
« Reply #1 on: 06:26:52, 26/05/11 »
I remember going there as a girl with my parents and my treat was a plate of mushy peas with vinegar

[email protected]

Re: the king richard road w.m.c
« Reply #2 on: 20:21:43, 03/12/17 »

My late Father-in-law was a member of the club,and I have in my possession,several of his awards presented for his winning at cribbage.Since I have no use for them,and my husband,who was his only surviving son,died last year,I wondered if Icould return them to the club.I would be grateful if you could let me know if this could be possible. My Father-in-law was George Derbyshire, he was a member for many years and died in 1972.

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.