Author Topic: Leicester take-away!  (Read 1470 times)

Johned

Leicester take-away!
« on: 21:52:05, 30/03/11 »
 :P  Today we were passing Big John's eat-in/take away in Humberstone Road near the big roundabout and decided to drop in for a cup of tea.  However we decided on fish and chips and I must say they were absolutely brilliant and for an economical price.  I recall it used to be a Burger King some years ago but will hopefully from now on make this a regular port of call after our city shopping!  For price, service, cleanliness it certainly is competitive with the ubiquitous Maccydees!  I don't normally endorse any commercial establishment on a website and am an even handed individual but Big John's deserve a mention!

Allycat

Re: Leicester take-away!
« Reply #1 on: 00:11:22, 07/04/11 »
I'm not sure it's any healthier for you with, but it's nice to see the good old British chippy still going strong. McD's chips, sorry fries, are always cold anyway. You can't beat a hot greasy pile of fish & chip, smothered in salt & vinegar. My head says No, but my heart says Yes. Err..hang on, actually maybe my heart should say no as well.

The best fish & chips I tasted was from the Rothley chippy. Delish.

Johned

« Reply #2 on: 15:06:53, 15/04/11 »
Usually when passing through Uppingham on the way home, we deviate off the A47 and patronize the Silver Star fish bar, I think it's called - absolutely fantastic F & Cs! 

flyer

« Reply #3 on: 22:16:10, 22/04/11 »
Usually when passing through Uppingham on the way home, we deviate off the A47 and patronize the Silver Star fish bar, I think it's called - absolutely fantastic F & Cs!
Oh what a brand new world we live in last time I was in Leicester the only takeaway in leicester was the black pudding shop on checkets rd thats apart from the fish and chip wraped  in news paper and on your way

To reply please join us (it's free) and help create a useful online community for the people of Leicester.  Already a member? Login here.